Manufacturers, Distributors and Licensors/Licensees
Siskinds Franchise, Licensing & Distribution Group works closely with manufacturers as they grow and expand their product or service distribution systems.
Our services to manufacturers typically include:
- Intellectual property protection in Canada and abroad.
- Structuring of the Canadian corporate entity structure to achieve ownership goals, including preparation of shareholders agreements, stock option agreements, and executive compensation schemes.
- Consideration of whether distribution, dealership, agency, representative, franchise, joint venture, partnership or employment is the best vehicle to accomplish your distribution goals.
- Avoidance of franchise legislation in Canada, the U.S. and abroad.
- Preparation of proper forms of documentation, including supply agreements, distributorship agreements, sales representative agreements, and management employment agreements.
- Assistance with corporate structuring decisions, including consideration of the use of branch plants for foreign operations, and incorporation and structuring of Canadian and foreign entity structures.
- Business immigration advice regarding travel, temporary employment, visas, NAFTA and immigration requirements.
- Warranty drafting and creation of specific contract terms for large custom order goods.
- Product liability litigation defence.
- Dealer termination.
- International expansion issues.
Siskinds experience in the nuances of product distribution has positioned us as a leader in the field. More importantly, we work with our clients to address both the business and legal issues necessary to position them for success.
Moving Forward. We look forward to working together with you to get your products and services to market, wherever those markets may be, or to solve whatever problem or seize whatever opportunity you're dealing with: anytime, anywhere. Contact Peter Dillon at 800-816-9596 (or 519-672-2121 outside of North America) or electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.